In 40 years of working with horses, I have seen many types of wounds, skin fungus, galls and burns. Over the years I have used over a hundred different products for wound care, all with varying results. I never had a true “go to” product. That changed when I was introduced to SCHREINERS HERBAL SOLUTION SPRAY
The Go To Product For First Aid
If I had to choose only one first aid product to have on hand for animals (and humans) Schreiner’s Herbal Solution wins hands down. In fact, it IS the only product in our house and barn for wound care.
Schreiner’s works on everything: from the smallest scrape to large open wounds. I have used it on burns, galls, hot spots, fungus and scratches. I use it on my horses, dogs, cats and yes even myself. The best thing about the solution is it promotes healing from the inside out. There are no worries of a wound healing over the top and later breaking open or abscessing because the tissues underneath were not totally healed and become reinfected. In 15 years of using Schreiner’s I have not had a wound develop proud flesh. In fact, if you have a wound that has developed proud flesh Schreiner’s will kill it. Puncture wounds which are arguably the most difficult wound to treat do not become infected when treated with Schreiner’s.
Schreiner’s Herbal Solution All Natural Ingredients
- Aloe Vera – aloe Vera has been used for healing wounds, burns and sores for over 2,000 years. The anesthetic, antibacterial and tissue restorative properties of Aloe have been confirmed by clinical studies.
- Goldenseal – the active ingredient of goldenseal hydrastine is effective for skin infections and sores. Recent research confirms that goldenseal has strong antibacterial and antiviral properties
- Comfrey – allantoin, is the healing compound derived from comfrey which speeds healing and promotes tissue growth. It is an astringent which is known to destroy harmful bacteria and alleviate infection.
- Myrrh – has been used for thousands of years as a cleansing agent, antifungal and antiseptic agent. Myrrh is known to stop tissue decay.
- Cayenne – capsaicin the active ingredient of cayenne inhibits the growth of microorganisms and bacteria in living tissues. It is used on both fresh and old wounds with beneficial results.
- Elder – the blossoms of the elder plant is an effective medicine for wounds and other skin ailments.
This combination of natural herbs makes a potent healing solution. It promotes heals without damaging the skin. Another amazing thing is that once healed, there is very little scar tissue and the hair will grow back normally leaving little to no evidence that there was ever an injury.
How To Use Schreiner’s Herbal Solution
For the best results use Schreiner’s solution exclusively. If needed use a betadine solution to initially clean the wound, but for any additional cleansings use Schreiner’s and gauze. Generously spray the wound 2-3 times a day, thoroughly saturating all exposed tissue and the areas around the opening. For exceptionally large wounds or puncture wounds, spray 4 times a day for the first week.
Two Recommendations For Optimal Results
- Keep water off the wound. I know this will raise some eyebrows, but for the best results, try to keep water out of the wound. If dirt and debris get into the wound use the Schreiner’s as a cleansing agent. Only use water if the dirt and debris are so packed into the wound that it would be impossible to clean without warm water. If you must use water, rinse the wound thoroughly and then spray it until saturated with Shreiner’s.
- If possible leave the wound opened. Only wrap if absolutely necessary to keep it clean or keep out insects. If leaving the wound open is not possible, saturate gauze with the solution, pack the wound and then bandage. Change the bandage twice a day, replacing gauze.
Schreiner’s Herbal Solution Should Be In Every Barn and Stable
Because it works on wounds, scrapes, burns and most skin fungus Schreiner’s should be in every stable for first aid treatment. Do not let the price affect your decision. Almost $20.00 for 8.5 ounces may seem pricey compared to other products, but I am telling you from experience, in the long run you save not only money, but time as the wound will heal not only faster but better. Try it, you will not be disappointed.
Why I Recommend Schreiner’s Herbal Solution
Several years ago my horse Ace ran a t-post through the bottom front of his chest and it exited just behind his left front leg. Thankfully it did not cause any structural damage, but it left a huge gaping wound that could not be sutured. Six days after the accident the vet told me I should consider putting him down. Even though he was on intravenous antibiotic we could not get the infection under control. The wound was a mixture of proud and rotting flesh, it looked and smelled horrific. Ace had lost interest in eating and was going downhill fast.
Thankfully I decided to wait, hoping that Ace would improve. After leaving the clinic I stopped by the feed store. There happened to be a representative from Schreiner’s in the store. He showed me before and after photos of some terrible wounds that had been treated with Schreiner’s. The after photos were amazing, the wounds were healed and the scars were actually growing hair
Knowing I had nothing to lose I bought several bottles and headed back to the clinic. We used Schreiner’s exclusively, spraying the wound 4-5 times a day for the first 10 days. Within 3 days Ace’s fever had dropped and he was eating. The wound started healing from the inside out and was closed within 45 days. I was back in the saddle within 4 months and 6 months after the accident, Ace returned to his job as a lead horse for race horses. In April of 2013 he will be 33 years old. Though he shows his age and has not been ridden in 8 years, time has been kind to him. He is still sound and has never had any residual effects from his accident.
This is only one of many stories out there about how Schreiner’s helped save a horse’s career and possibly even their life. Why it is not more well known or used is beyond me. But I do know it is one of the best kept secrets out there!